INFORMATION SECURITY & DATA PRIVACY SERIES
Integrating ethical decision making
into data & innovation practices
You can’t read the news today without coming across something about data privacy rights, companies misuse of personal data, lack of trust in products, and major data breaches on a daily basis. In the past, the scope for digital risk was limited to cybersecurity threats but organizations must now also recognize risks from poor ethical data practices.
This workshop is designed for organizations that collect, analyze and store personal data. These organizations need to recognize and address ethical issues regarding the use of this data – early in the research, analysis or design of their projects.
- Develop a culture of consistent and responsible data use
- Learn to systematically reason through ethical problems in data
- Structure, resolve and present reasoned ethical ideas to stakeholders
- Initiate, evaluate and resolve outstanding ethical issues in data and innovation projects
What you'll learn
Key learning points
- Connecting big data and algorithms to humans and human values
- Identifying potential ethical issues associated with a data project or activity
- Applying ethical inquiry to ethical issues whenever they arise to ensure speedy resolution
- Facilitating ethical discussions amongst a group or team of stakeholders using visual thinking and decision aids
- Privacy technologies from a data ethics and data governance standpoint
- What action should you take in case of a data breach?
- When should you use or not use data for particular project or purpose?
- How should you interpret data regulation laws?
- Evaluate real world case studies to support understanding and application
Meet Your Instructor
CREATOR, AFRICA DATA NETWORK
Up until 2018, Dennis worked for Oracle and consulted all over the world in various technology related projects. Now, through Africa Data Network, Dennis helps organizations make the transition to data-driven decision-making by improving the capabilities and effectiveness of their teams. He holds degrees in Telecommunications, among other qualifications.
MORE ABOUT DENNIS >
Deepen your learning in our extended community
Access your workbook
Receive a workbook with reflection questions, instructions for activities, and supplemental resources from the workshop.
Enjoy coaching support for an extra month
Get extra tips, guidance and feedback to help you apply what you have learnt.
Join our learning community
Join our Discord community for continuous exchange of ideas and resources.
Learners also enjoyed these programs
INTEGRATING ETHICAL DECISION MAKING
INTO DATA & INNOVATION PRACTICES
Let's get in touch!
Do you want more info about this program? Complete the form and we’ll contact you shortly.