COMMUNICATING WITH DATA SERIES
Creating actionable dashboards
that engage & inform
Business dashboards are a popular means to present critical information at a glance. But few do so effectively. An effective dashboard should help its users find the signal in the noise. It should expose the interesting outliers that users can act on to extract value. But the visual design skills required to design effective dashboards are not intuitive. They must be learnt. This workshop helps your teams learn the principles and best practices of effective dashboard design.
Created from years of analytics consulting projects, visualization research and best practices, and real-world application:
- Drive business value and faster decision making
- Improve the user experience and maximize dashboard adoption
- Speed up time to insight regardless of underlying technology
Designed for teams that create and consume from data and analytics dashboards often:
- Business analysts, business intelligence, data analysts and data scientists
- Human resource, finance, operations, marketing, and sales professionals
- User experience designers who design software dashboards
What You'll Learn
Most learning programs teach a specific skill like how to use a certain BI tool or technology
The result is ineffective professionals who do not know the actual process of producing a high business value dashboard.
To come up with such a dashboard, teams need to learn a new set of skills and mental models. These “soft” skills apply to any modern dashboard development technology your organization could be using. In this workshop, we break down the key elements for dashboard and reporting success.
Teams learn the precise steps needed to intake requirements and align stakeholders on actionable business insight.
Key learning points
- 13 mistakes to avoid when designing a business information dashboard
- Applying visual perception to your dashboards to increase message clarity and impact
- Defining an effective dashboard design process that saves time and encourages collaboration
- Creating actionable dashboards that tell the real story
- Optimizing your dashboard design process – where do you start?
- Prototyping and wireframing dashboards without using software (or writing code)
- Updating an existing internal dashboard applying the principles learnt (mini-project)
Meet Your Instructor
CREATOR, AFRICA DATA NETWORK
Up until 2018, Dennis worked for Oracle and consulted all over the world in various technology related projects. Now, through Africa Data Network, Dennis helps organizations make the transition to data-driven decision-making by improving the capabilities and effectiveness of their teams. He holds degrees in Telecommunications, among other qualifications.
MORE ABOUT DENNIS >
Deepen your learning in our extended community
Access your workbook
Receive a workbook with reflection questions, instructions for activities, and supplemental resources from the program.
Enjoy coaching support for an extra month
Get extra tips, guidance and feedback to help you apply what you have learnt.
Join our learning community
Join our Discord community for continuous exchange of ideas and resources.
Learners also enjoyed these programs
CREATING ACTIONABLE DASHBOARDS
THAT ENGAGE & INFORM
Let's get in touch!
Do you want more info about this program?
Complete the form and we’ll contact you shortly.